Mindfulness Group for Parents
(adapted from Jon Kabat Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course)
An 8-week psychoeducational group for parents of children of all ages
- Learn evidence-based mindfulness techniques to reduce stress, worry, & anxiety
- Approach parenting situations with greater clarity, empathy and effectiveness
- Understand and better regulate your emotions to manage stress (and help your kids to do the same)
- Reduce worry and guilt, and enhance self-acceptance and self-compassion
- Experience a greater sense of well-being, happiness and satisfaction as a parent
Course is delivered in a workshop setting and is non-religious and non-sectarian
Dates: Monday evenings, 7:00 to 8:30 pm
January 23 - March 27, 2017 (*no class Feb. 20 & Mar. 13)
Location: Location details are currently being finalized – the group will be
held in Markham. Please visit www.chrysalispsychologists.ca or
phone 905-752-6789 Ext 101for further details.
Facilitators: Dr. Ameeta Dudani, PhD, C.Psych.
Clinical Psychologist (Supervised Practice) & mindfulness/yoga teacher
Dr. Karen Ghelani, PhD, C.Psych.
Clinical Psychologist & Director of the Chrysalis Centre
Fee: $425 for the 8 weeks (includes handouts & guided meditations)
*an insurance receipt can be provided upon request
To register: Contact the Chrysalis Centre at 905-752-6789 ext. 101
(*Note: A pre-group assessment interview will be conducted in order to ensure suitability and that you will benefit from the group)
~Because the best way you can help your kids is by being present…for them and for yourselves.~